I’ve had a fascination with “Inside the Actor’s Studio” for a while. Although I’m not an actor, I frequently flirt with the idea of becoming secretly famous and then hiding by doing voice-acting for animation or narration, because 1) I’m told I have a great voice, which means I need to get discovered because 2) that’s where the easy money is at.
I like the host a lot. James Lipton is intelligent, studious about his guests, appropriately funny and appropriately serious and seems genuinely interested, gentle and encouraging. He doesn’t steal the spotlight from his guest, but the glimmering, when he does borrow it gently, is brilliant.
He asks 10 questions at the end of his show and today I’m going to answer them as if I were in the guest chair and not in the safety of my bunker.
- What is your favorite word?
- What is your least favorite word?
- What turns you on?
Music, love and reciprocation, my favorite alcoholic beverage, steak, sex, and my wife. Preferably all on the same day.
- What turns you off?
Ignorance, hypocrisy and hatred.
- What sound or noise do you love?
Children’s innocent, joy-filled screams of delight, or laughter.
- What sound or noise do you hate?
Fearful screams, mocking, bullying, or a spoiled tantrum.
- What is your favorite curse word?
“Fuck,” but a friendly “fuck.” Oh, wait, I forgot about “Jeremiah’s Lamentations!”
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Wealthy gourmand, voice actor, or writer.
- What profession would you not like to do?
What I’m doing now.
- If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
“Come on in, Deon! Thanks for saying mostly good things about Me. And, sorry about all the shit.”